We have a new featured Arsenal Fan of The Week , growing media mogul and a top Arsenal Fan. Tony Onwuchekwa has been a Gooner for a long time and describes his relationship with Arsenal as a marriage. He currently produces and anchors Nigeria’s first Arsenal Podcast and possibly the only football podcast done in Pidgin English, production however has slowed down for now as he re-brands the pod.
Our worry for “Tony though” (we wonder if his handle @tonydoe78 comes from misspelling “Tony Though”), anyways that is not the point, our worry for him is that by his own admission, he had a stint where he dumped our beloved Arsenal to support the Red Devils and since we play them this weekend in the form we are in, what are the chances he won’t divorce the club again! Guess there is only one way to find out…
So let’s meet Tony Onwuchekwa or @tonydoe78 as he is known on Twitter.
I’m Tony Onwuchekwa also known as Tony Doe, a Broadcast Entrepreneur, Voice Talent, Husband, Father and lifetime Gooner. I run a media start up called Broadkast Hussle! Need a quality jingle, voice-over for a product, service? Talk to me. @tonydoe78
1. When did you start supporting the club?
’89…but reiterated my commitment in ’99 after a brief spell as a Man United fan.
2. What attracted you to the club?
The team philosophy, history of the team… it’s crest and motto: Victoria. Concordia. Crescit.
3.Who is your favourite all time Arsenal player?
I’d have to say Thierry Henry for obvious reasons.
4. Who is your currenthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkMEnCqIBc4 favourite player in the team?
Alexis. His work rate is impeccable.
5. Your worst Arsenal signing?
Silvestre. I mean. Why?
6. If you could sign one player to join Arsenal who would it be? (_no Messi or Ronaldo)_
Thomas Muller. I think he’s underrated.
7. If you had one ticket to watch Arsenal against any other team which team would you pick?
Spurs. Love how we mash ‘em up when we want to!
8. Your all time worst Arsenal game?
8-2 loss to Man Utd…
9. Your all-time favourite Arsenal game?
“Kan U believe it!” 3-2 win at Stamford bridge with Kanu scoring a hat-trick, circa ‘99!
Click Here to relive the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkMEnCqIBc4
10. Which new signing are you most excited by?
11. What would be a measure of success for you this season?
Winning the Premiership against all odds.
12. Do you prefer individual goals or team worked goals?
Whichever looks good in the replay!!!
13. If you could relegate one Premier League team who would it be?
Chelsea scum bloody rent boys!!!
14. If you were on the Titanic that also had Arsenal players on it, and you had access to take just one Arsenal player with on the last available life boat with you would you pick and why?
Rosicky. His loyalty is commendable.
15. In one word, how would you describe your relationship with Arsenal
There you go! That’s all we can get into this post, if you are a Gooner do give him a follow on @TonyDoe78 . Interact with us on Twitter on @canoncrested as we feature another Top Arsenal fan next week.
If you live in Nigeria, fancy checking our Online Store for Authentic Arsenal Merchandise: Click Here